Retail Managers are responsible for delivering sales targets and a positive experience to customers that will encourage repeat custom and loyalty to the brand / business.
It is a diverse role that includes leading and developing a team to achieve business objectives and work with a wide range of people, requiring excellent communication skills. Maximising income and minimising wastage are essential to the job and therefore individuals must develop a sound understanding of business and people management principles to support the achievement of the vision and objectives of the business.
Retail Managers champion the way for personal development, training and continuous improvement, encouraging their team to develop their own skills and abilities to enhance business performance and productivity.
Duration – 15-18 months
Study mode/frequency – Regular attendance on bespoke virtual learning environment and face-to-face meetings planning in with a dedicate tutor
Qualification – Upon completion the apprentice will receive: Retailer Team Leader Level 4 qualification
- Knowing your customers
- Know the vision, brand and objectives of the business
- Effective leadership
- Financial management and performance
- Marketing and brand reputation
- Effective team communication
- Planning products and services
- Managing sales and promotion
- Managing merchandising and stock control
- Driving effective use of technology
- Legal and governance
- Orchestrating effective team performance
- Developing self and others
- Diversity – understanding and implementation
Functional Skills – Required to work towards Level 2 in maths and English, unless exempt with recognised prior learning.
Assessment – End point assessment which may include: test of knowledge; competency based interview; assessment of evidence; presentation & questioning and a professional discussion.