Our full Standard can be viewed here: HR Consultant-Partner
HR Consultants/Partners are involved in providing solutions to people-based challenges within a business, giving advice to managers and others about HR matters and are likely to be in a middle to senior level role.
They may be generalists but the apprenticeship standard allows for those in a specialist role as well, such as Reward, Resourcing, Organisational Development or HR Operations. They may be part of a team or heading up a team with responsibility for managing people. Decision making and influencing will be key skills in their position, ensuring that best practice is followed.
As part of the programme, apprentices study the CIPD Intermediate Certificate or Diploma in HR Management.
Duration – 18-24 months
Study mode/frequency – Regular attendance on bespoke virtual learning environment and face-to-face meetings planned in with a dedicated tutor
Qualification – Upon completion the apprentice will receive: HR Consultant/Partner Level 5 qualification & Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) Intermediate Certificate/Diploma in HR Management
Knowledge and Skills
- HR Technical expertise across all disciplines
- Understanding business, HR KPI’s & Metrics
- Understanding the structure & responsibilities of HR
- HR systems & data use (including impact of social media)
- HR consultancy & business partnering skills
- Influencing leaders & managers to adopt business focused solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of Employment legislation
- Managing employment & business relationships
- Contributing to business change
- Research & analysis – presenting a costed business case
- Developing yourself as a HR Professional
- Organisational development & Design
- Chosen specialisms (Core HR; Resourcing; total Reward; Organisation Development; HR Operations)
- Honesty and Integrity
Functional Skills – Required to work towards Level 2 in maths and English, unless exempt with recognised prior learning.
Assessment – End point assessment which may include: test of knowledge; competency based interview; assessment of evidence; presentation & questioning and a professional discussion.